We’re glad you’re here! The Hanover County Public Schools’ Career Counseling site allows you to explore career and educational options. Your school counselor and career counselor are both available to assist you as you develop plans for your future. We hope that you will find this site to be a valuable resource during your high school career.
The Career Planning Center provides students with opportunities and resources for educational planning and career exploration. Career and educational planning materials–including guidebooks, college catalogs, applications, and financial aid information–are located in the Career Center. Students are encouraged to visit the Career Center and meet with their Career Counselor for assistance in finding information and making decisions about future career planning options.
Resources & Services:
- Assessments to identify interests, abilities, and career values
- Career information, including job descriptions, salary information, and training options
- Individual, small group, and classroom sessions on career-related topics
- Assistance in finding appropriate college, university, or other educational programs
- College handbooks and periodicals
- Information on job search skills, including networking, resume writing, and interviewing
- Information about college and military admissions testing, including ACT, SAT, and ASVAB
Click Here for: Career Plan Survey
- R U Ready? (DOE-provided magazine for college and career exploration)
- HCPS Career Planning Guide for 9th and 10th Graders
- HCPS Career Planning Guide for 11th and 12th Graders
Click Here for : Wizard Contest for 9th Graders
Welcome to the Wizard Contest for 9th graders! Deciding on a career path that you LOVE and will meet your needs is so important to your future well-being. The first step in career planning is to gather information about your interests, abilities, work values and personal preferences.To be eligible for this contest you must have completed all 3 assessments (Interests, Values and Skills) on your Wizard account and have researched at least 3 occupations. Students must complete and submit this form no later than Friday, January 12, 2018 to be entered into a drawing for prizes! Winners will be notified by email no later that February 1, 2018.
Follow Us on Twitter @HCPSCareers!